Re: dot following barline

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: dot following barline
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:17:47 -0400

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 09:39 am, Laura Conrad wrote:

> Do we have a way to put the barline between the notehead and the dot?
> It's fairly common in modern mensurstriche editions, and the later
> Dowland facsimiles that I'm transcribing these days do it as well.

It's interesting, to me anyway, that the augmentation dot is usually
defined as added time value instead of being defined as an abbreviation
for a tied note, which is what it obviously is, historically. daveA

--
The only technical exercises for all guitarists worth a lifetime
of practice: "Dynamic Guitar Technique".  Nothing else is close.