Re: font problem

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: Re: font problem
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 15:10:11 +0200

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, what happens if you do
> ps2pdf testfont.ps
> and view the resulting PDF file?

I can see the ugly treble clef again.

> If the PS file looks OK, then I would definitely suspect
> your Ghostscript (which is the program doing the job in
> ps2pdf).

Seems like this is the case.

> Do you get the same problem both when viewing the PDF on
> screen and when you print it on paper? Could it even be
> your PDF viewer (Acroread?)?

I can't print it right now, but Ghostscript, xpdf and
Acroread are all consistent about the uglyness.  And a
crosscheck proves you right: doing the conversion (ps2pdf)
with a newer Ghostscript does away with the problem (even
when viewing the resulting PDF on the original machine).

> Anyway, updmap is definitely not an issue, since the font map
> file is specified explicitly by lilypond when it calls dvips.
> In other words, there's no idea to use updmap.

Thanks for the info and the help.  Looks like it's not my
fault after all. :)
--
Best wishes,
Feri.