Re: repeat with alternates in middle

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: repeat with alternates in middle
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:58:50 -0700

On 28-Apr-05, at 6:09 PM, Jason Addison wrote:

I've been doing just what you described to a large degree.
I would still like to do what I described in the oringinal post.
I want to do it for a couple of reasons. First to save space,
and second, to make the structure of the music obvious.
If this is a serious faux pas in music engraving, let me know
and I'll try to want to do it less!

Fair enough.  :)
I'm not an expert on music engraving, but I've never seen an
alternate beginning or middle.  Alternate endings -- even
something like 1, 3 + 4 | 2, 5  -- but never other stuff.  You
could write something like

A B C|D
F B C|D
A B E|F