Re: polyphony and lyrics

From: Jean-Jacques Rétorré
Subject: Re: polyphony and lyrics
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:59:54 +0200

Mats Bengtsson a écrit :
Please always tell what LilyPond version you use, otherwise you
might get an answer that's irrelevant, since LilyPond is still
evolving quickly from version to version. From your example it
looks as if you use version 2.2 or older, so I'll assume 2.2 below.

I'm a Debian Sarge user:

address@hidden:~$ lilypond --version
lilypond (GNU LilyPond) 2.2.6

Did you read the section in the manual called "The Lyrics context"?
As you can find out there, you should explicitly name the Voice
context you want to attach the lyrics to.

I tried to, since I'm not a very good english reader.

Also, there's a conceptual misunderstanding here. A Staff context
can only contain notes, i.e. Voice contexts. In other words, you
cannot have your lyrics included within the \new Staff << ... >>.

However, the main problem of your score was the tie on the
final e of the triplet. Since the next note isn't also an e,
you cannot have any tie and for some strange reason LilyPond
got confused and thought that you had a melisma extending to the
next e in the score (which never happened in your example).
I will send a bug report about this problem.

That's very fine of you.

Here's a modified version of your example:

[snip]

Works perfectly, except the melisma :-(
Thank you really much.
JJR.