Re: wrong font

From: Sean Reed
Subject: Re: wrong font
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:52:16 +0200

On Apr 13, 2005, at 1:31 PM, Sean Reed wrote:

hi,

i managed to install 2.5.18 on macos 10.3.8 today but the font for the dynamics is wrong (looks like just a large typical monaco or something).

any suggestions what i missed or how i can reinstall it?

thanks,
sean

Sean-

I found other appearance problems with 2.5.18 (Mac OS 10.3.8) which I reported a few days ago. Specifically, bar lines between staves were thicker than within staves. As a result, I reverted to 2.5.17 and have had no problems.

I still have 2.5.18 installed on another machine (same OS) and don't see any problem with the dynamics font.

Did you install from through Fink?

Stan

hi stan,

i didn't notice bar line thickness problems or anything else right off the bat, just the forte and piano symbols were big typewriter letters.

i did install with fink, and the installation exited a few times with errors before i could even get it to begin the lilypond package.

one problem was a header conflict in multiple freetypes, the solution to which i found on the fink FAQ.

i also had to remove and reinstall the tetex-base before the installation of the lilypond package would complete without an exit error.

this made me think that maybe some dependency necessary for the fonts got installed wrong or incorrectly, that i could just remove and reinstall.

but i understand little of these things!

i'll try 2.5.17 again. thanks for the tip.

(btw: i test the unstables and devels on a separate machine too to see if they are functional for the work i've done with lilypond so far, so this is not a catastrophe in any way).

best,
sean