Re: Font problem in 2.4.5

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: Font problem in 2.4.5
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 23:04:11 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes
Anthony W. Youngman writes:

This is *linux*. "rpm -U" fails, "rpm --install" fails ... and why
should I expect it to make any difference?

TeX may have been updated, and there's a postinstall script.

Unfortunately, mktexlsr doesn't make any difference either.

The check that configure does is to look for ecrm10.pfa using:
kpsewhich ecrm10.pfa.  If that file is on your system, but kpsewhich
does not find it, there is something wrong with your installation or
TEXMF environment variable setting.

Upgrading to .9 at least fixed ./configure. Now "make" seems to fail, I'll have to run it again to find out why - but again something to do with fonts iirc.

So I tried 2.5 - which failed with loads of "you need to upgrade X". Sounds like I might need to get a copy of SuSE 9.2...

Jan.

Cheers,
Wol
as Lies-to-People.