Re: RE: My opinion

From: Tim Fechtner
Subject: Re: RE: My opinion
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:44:41 +0100

I referenced me at the following test at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2004-11/msg00043.html

"At the moment, most post-3.0 issues that we see are related to
interaction with other software.

* Right now, there are a bunch of programs that try to export (and
  even: import) .ly files. This is rather impractical for a number of
  reasons. It would be much better if we could read and write .ly
  files in XML (or similar format). This should be thought of along
  the lines of the to-xml.ly example file."

This feature might it make easier to other programs to export to lilypond in a format, in which the syntax doesn't change so often.

Tim