Re: MIDI plugins?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: MIDI plugins?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:22:01 +0100

---------- Initial Header -----------

>From      : address@hidden
To          : "Mardi Girard" address@hidden
Cc          : address@hidden
Date      : Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:03:02 -0500

>     MG>    I love your program! But I can't get midi2ly to work (I'm using
>     MG>    Windows XP home edition). Do you know of any other plugins that can
>     MG>    convert MIDIs to .ly?
>
> When you say it doesn't work, do you mean it gives you error messages
> instead of .ly files, or just that the .ly files aren't very good
> descriptions of the notation you expect to see?
>
> If the former, you should send the error messages.
>
> If the latter, you can try playing with the midi2ly options like -d,
> -s, -t, and -k and see if it helps.
>
> But it's actually often true that it's easier to just type lily than
> to try to get midi2ly to do it for you.
>
> Another possibility is to install the abcMIDI programs and use
> midi2abc and abc2ly, but that's unlikely to do  much better than
> midi2ly.
>
> --
> Laura (mailto:address@hidden , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
> (617) 661-8097        fax: (501) 641-5011
> 233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

You might try mi2ly  (www.nongnu.org/mi2ly) which is written in ANSI C.
For the kind of music it was designed for (single voice per track/channel) I
find it much esier to use
than midi2ly.
Let me know if you need help using it.

Ciao,

Antonio Palamà

6X velocizzare la tua navigazione a 56k? 6X Web Accelerator di Libero!
Scaricalo su INTERNET GRATIS 6X http://www.libero.it