Re: MacOS X native packaged (was Re: lilypond install mac os x)

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: Re: MacOS X native packaged (was Re: lilypond install mac os x)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:51:16 -0500

Hello, Han-Wen:

BTW, the description of getting Lilypond up and running on a pristine
MacOS X (getting XCode, lots of compilation) seems rather involved.
I wonder whether there would be any interest in a "native" MacOS X
binary of Lilypond, with a pretty installer. An binary which is up and
running in a minutes, and Just Works out-of-box.

Since I have no trouble with my current install (via Fink), I'm not sure it would make much difference to me personally. However, I would have a SIGNIFICANTLY easier time "selling" Lilypond to other (new) users if there were a "standard" installation process, so my answer is a resounding "YES"!!

And: if you think that is cool idea, what would be a reasonable price?

Do you mean a one-time "registration", or to be paid every version, or a "sponsorship" for the continued preparation of said binaries, or...?

Cheers,
Kieren.