Re: "repeat" slashes and the nature of lilypond

From: wintryblue
Subject: Re: "repeat" slashes and the nature of lilypond
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:43:40 -0500

> I'm no great shakes as a lilypond user, but I do understand the need
> for transposable chord names.  Some of us (many of us?) may create
> leadsheets of one sort or another.  Essentially those are melody and
> chord names.  If there is a need to transpose the thing it is
> cumbersome at best to have to transpose the chord names.  As to the
> many methods of describing chords:  There really are only a couple in
> common usage and one that is extremely common.  If lilypond supports
> that, and it appears from this discussion that it does, I can see no
> real problem with creating the transposition or creating MIDI files
> (shich of course merely act as aural checks for right chords and don't
> imply anything at all about spacing or even inversion....
>
> Chuck Boody

Like I said, you only need the base notename to transpose, not the symbol.

But if not enough people want what I want, I will just withdraw my
request. It appears that now you can typeset using any font you want.
If I can get it working in cygwin I'll just import the Jazzcord font
set and try to get something working there.

Thanks.