Re: feta in text

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: feta in text
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:34:45 -0700

David Bobroff wrote:

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 14:12, Steve D wrote:
David Bobroff wrote:
I'm sure this question has been answered already.  I did try searching
the mail archives, but perhaps my search criteria were not clever
enough.

How does one include feta glyphs in text?  Specifically, I want to be
able to indicate an instrument name: Trumpet in Bb.  I want to have a
real flat symbol, not "B-flat" or Big B little b as in my example.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond.html

Search on the page for:
\flat

-sd

Ok, I went there and found the reference you indicated.  I tried
processing just that example from the docs and got errors.  Furthermore,
it is not quite what I'm looking for.  What I'd like to do is use
something like:

\header{
        instrument = "Trumpet in B" \flat
}
AFAIK you need to wrap that in \markup.

instrument = \markup{ Trumpet in B\flat }

That worked for me.

Paul Scott