Re: feta in text

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: feta in text
Date: 20 Feb 2005 15:14:44 +0000

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 14:12, Steve D wrote:
> David Bobroff wrote:
> > I'm sure this question has been answered already.  I did try searching
> > the mail archives, but perhaps my search criteria were not clever
> > enough.
> >
> > How does one include feta glyphs in text?  Specifically, I want to be
> > able to indicate an instrument name: Trumpet in Bb.  I want to have a
> > real flat symbol, not "B-flat" or Big B little b as in my example.
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond.html
>
> Search on the page for:
> \flat
>
> -sd

Ok, I went there and found the reference you indicated.  I tried
processing just that example from the docs and got errors.  Furthermore,
it is not quite what I'm looking for.  What I'd like to do is use
something like:

\header{
        instrument = "Trumpet in B" \flat
}

...or whatever the proper syntax is.  That is, I want it to appear on
the part at the top of the page rather than at the left edge of the
staff.

I tried adapting the example from the docs mentioned above and when that
failed I tried processing just the example itself and got errors.

-David

Lily v2.5.0.hwn1