Re: Instrument alignment in page head (v2.4.2)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Instrument alignment in page head (v2.4.2)
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:10:51 -0800

On 19-Feb-05, at 9:06 AM, Bryan Stanbridge wrote:
On 2/19/2005, "address@hidden"
<address@hidden> wrote:
On 18-Feb-05, at 3:34 AM, Thies Albrecht wrote:
I wonder if anybody ever got aware of the fact, that the instrument
name in the page head isn't exactly centered. Depending on odd or even
page it is put a little to the right or left.

I'd imagine it's related to binding issues.  Centered on a page isn't
really centered when you've bound a score, because of the center
gutter.  I recall printing out some music previously in LP that took
into account the center gutter and moved entire pages slightly
left-right depending on the side of the page.  It's not a large
distance, but it was noticeable.  Perhaps the bug is that the music

If Lilypond does this, then it should be documented.  I don't think
it's deilberate, so if it happens, it's a bug.

I use lilypond-book to get a bindingoffset and different left/right
pages; AFAIK, lilypond itself is supposed to treat pages the same.

Cheers,
- Graham