RE: No PS file created

From: Guido Spaanbroek
Subject: RE: No PS file created
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:24:06 +0100

Mats,

Thank you for your response. It helped me to get further using the --verbose
command. I have something extremely odd now. The first time I run lilypond I
get the following error.
Error invoking `ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4 test.ps'.

Indeed, no .ps file is created. Now I run manually dvips test.dvi as
follows:
address@hidden guido]$ dvips test.dvi
This is dvips(k) 5.86 Copyright 1999 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2005.02.17:1315' -> test.ps
<texc.pro><music-drawing-routines.ps><special.pro>. [1]

Now again I run lilypond test.ly and it works, I've got my test.pdf!!

Surely this must be some configuration but I've got no idea which
configuration file should be changed to let lilypond work in one go.

This is output from the verbose, maybe that helps:
LILYPOND_DATADIR="/usr/share/lilypond"
LOCAL_LILYPOND_DATADIR="/usr/share/lilypond/2.4.1"
LOCALEDIR="/usr/share/locale"
LILYPONDPREFIX=""

Regards,

Guido