Stuck building LilyPond

From: Guido
Subject: Stuck building LilyPond
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:17:59 +0100

Hi,

Because I could not get the ready compiled binaries to work I decided to
compile them myself from CVS. I got all the desired packages such as tetex,
glib2 etc. and I managed to create the configure script. It is compiling all
the sources but I get stuck at linking time with the following error:

mv: can't stat source parser.yy.tab.c
make[1]: [out/parser.cc] Error 1 (ignored)
help2man: can't get `--help' info from out/lilypond
make[1]: *** [out/lilypond.1] Error 127
make: *** [all] Fout 2

>From the lilypond-user mailinglist I saw somebody using the following
command:

# lily/out/lilypond --help --verbose
lily/out/lilypond: error while loading shared libraries:
libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

But I can't find any problem with the libraries and the files pango.pc and
pangoft2.pc seem to point to the right location. Also, I would expect the
error of not finding the libraries to occur earlier. Could anybody tell me
what this problem is and how I should progress?

Many thanks,

Guido