Re: Install Problems on Mac

From: Christian Hitz
Subject: Re: Install Problems on Mac
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:00:23 +0100

Am 01.02.2005 um 22:43 schrieb Chuck Boody:
On Feb 1, 2005, at 2:27 PM, Christian Hitz wrote:

Equally mysterious is the fact that my system is NOT using the tsch shell even though OS 10.3.x is supposed to be using it.
As of 10.3 MacOSX uses bash as default shell. (10.0 - 10.2.x used tcsh)

My terminal preferences are set to default. My terminal window says "tcsh." I had it backwards above. The point is I'm apparently set up to use the 10.2 shell, and not the 10.3 one even though I am running 10.3.7. I suppose I could set up the bash shell and then reinstall fink etc. etc. if that might solve the problem.

If you upgraded from 10.2 and kept you user account then you still have the tcsh. bash is only used in accounts newly created with 10.3.

I don't think that the choice of shell has an influence on fink working properly.

Christian