Re: Installation problem (read first)

From: Lukas Giesinger
Subject: Re: Installation problem (read first)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:54:13 +0100

Repost with quotation prefixes inserted.

At 20:56 24.01.2005, Riky VDB wrote:
> Basically, Lilypond has a problem finding the feta20.afm
> file. But I've checked my directories, this file can be found
> under : C:\cygwin\usr\share\lilypond\2.4.2\fonts

Does your installation also stop at
"/etc/postinstall/postinstall-lilypond.sh"
(98% of total installation)?

> It also seems that, altough we follow the links and
> installation procedure to install lilypond 2.2, we in
> fact are installing lilypond 2.4.

I didn't try to install 2.2. I just tried downloading it
thinking about 'downgrading' (maybe a bad idea?) as 2.2.
might be sufficient for my evaluation purposes.

So I tried downloading 2.2. but when clicking on lilypond
in the installer I saw its version was 2.4.2. So I gave it up.

> That should not be a problem except that, in order to
> install lilypond 2.4 correctly, it appears you also need
> to install manually ec*-fonts (and that is not necessary
> for the 2.2 version).

AFAIK the ec*-fonts are included in the 2.4.2. installation
packages. Clicking on lilypond in the installer also changes
the status of the ec*-fonts (a few lines above, I guess) to
download/install.

Lukas