Re: chord symbol parentheses

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: chord symbol parentheses
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 05:58:50 -0500

On Thursday 20 January 2005 03:27 pm, Charles Gran wrote:
> > Use a space for a "chord Field Separator" and give up the idea of
> > /bass notes.  The alternative is to put the chords in as text,
> > which is what I have always done.  With \sharp and \flat it's all
> > text.
>
> I'm only now getting to this.  I can't find find reference to "chord
> Field Separator" in the manual.

It's chordNameSeparator. Sorry.  "Different parts of a chord name are
normally separated by a slash", says the manual.  If you get rid of
it, you can't do C7b5b9/Bb but if you keep it you get C7/b5/b9/Bb.  If
you need a slash for bass notes use text, and of course that way you
can use parentheses C7(b5b9)/bb.  I like lower case for the bass
note although not many people use it yet, because it's far less likely
to be mistaken for another chord name.  daveA

--
The only technical exercises for guitar which are worthy of the
instrument consist in "Dynamic Guitar Technique".  I promise miracles.