Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: beginer with lilypond book

From: Jean-marc LEGRAND
Subject: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: beginer with lilypond book
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:40:41 +0100

actually, all is wright : after the last ? message, I've pressed enter untill
there were nor more
message. Then I made what is written on lilypond manual and I have now my pdf.

Just one thing : on lily manual is written :

$ latex lilybook
     lots of stuff deleted
     $ xdvi lilybook.tex

To convert the file into a nice PDF document, run the following commands
     $ dvips -Ppdf -u +lilypond lilybook.dvi
     $ ps2pdf lilybook.ps

The text in red is missing and for a newby like me...

Thanks for your help !

                      Mats Bengtsson
                      <address@hidden        Pour :    Jean-marc LEGRAND
<address@hidden>
                      3.kth.se>                cc :      address@hidden
                                               Objet :   Re: Réf. : Re: beginer
with lilypond book
                      20/01/2005 16:03

For the record, you can easily cut and paste from the Cygwin window,
see the instructions for Win NT at http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_3.html#SEC52

The solution for you is to rerun setup.exe and install the packages
tetex-base and tetex-extra, which gives you a more complete TeX
environment. By default, an installation of LilyPond will only give you
the package tetex-tiny which contains a minimal stripped down version
of the TeX environment.

    /Mats

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Integrating-text-and-music.html#Integrating%20text%20and%20music