RE: Removing the key signature without loosing accidentials

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: RE: Removing the key signature without loosing accidentials
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 22:08:41 +0100

OK, that would be:

\context {
  \Staff
  \override KeySignature #'transparent = ##t
}

That seems to put accidentials on all the notes instead. Bagpipe music is a
bit special. The scale is somewhat like D major (with two sharps) but it is
written with no accidentials. But I still want the option to have "special"
accidentials visible, so my current solution with
\remove "Key_engraver"
\remove "Accidental_engraver"
doesn't work right here. The reason I'm not just pretending to use C major is
that I want a midi file that sounds at least somewhat like the real thing.
Perhaps another solution is to apply the correct pitch only on generating the
midi file. Can this be done?

--
P/S Sven Axelsson, The Murray Pipes & Drums of Gothenburg