problems with getting started

From: Kovács Roland
Subject: problems with getting started
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:56:10 +0100

Hi!

I'm curious about this notation possibility, the given examples are very nice, so I've decided to install it. I would like to use the Windows version (on XP). I've downloaded the setup.exe, then started the downloading of install files. Then I've started installation. Everything went well, but when trying out with the test file, I had the attached log. Please help me! Thanks. (I've attached a picture about the list of currently installed components.)

I'm waiting for your reply.

Thanks for all.

Roland Kovacs
GNU LilyPond 2.4.2
Processing `test.ly'
Parsing...

test.ly:4:15: error: unknown escaped string: `\notes':
\score { \notes
                { c4-(  c4-) } }

test.ly:4:14: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING:
\score { \note
              s { c4-(  c4-) } }

error: failed files: test.ly

JPEG image