lilypond documentation for windows is not up-to-date

From: Daniel Timpson
Subject: lilypond documentation for windows is not up-to-date
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:56:00 -0700

Hello,

I installed lilypond on windows using cygwin just fine. I then downloaded the test.ly file. Apparently, \notes is not in use for lilypond 2.4.2. The download and install instructions need to be updated.

The problem url is here.

http://lilypond.org/web/download/windows.html

Instead of downloading a file, the link should point to the first use url instead. This is what solved my problem.

http://lilypond.org/web/download/getting-started.html

Thanks,

Dan

P.S.  I would be willing to assist with the lilypond documentation effort.