Re: Building Lily

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Building Lily
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:15:37 +0100

Do you have a file called libkpathsea.a in the lib/ directory
where you installed kpathsea? In that case, the simplest solution
is probably to remove (or move away) all other libkpathsea.* files
from the same directory. Then, the linker will only find the static
library which should work well.

   /Mats

Luis G. López wrote:

More on this...

Searching in the archives from Tex-Live, I found this:
----------------------

TeX Live has static kpathsea compiled in, so the dynamic libraries
are not available. Lilypond expects to find them, so it fails.

The answer is to install teTeX *as well* as TeX Live, I am afraid.

Well, TeX Live has everything you need. Just do an normal installation,
then unpack the sources and do
  cd TeX/texk/kpathsea
  ./configure; make; make install

No, I cannot easily fix this in TeX Live, because TL does not do
"true" installs, which would involve grokking the system setup
and putting libraries in the right place. RedHat etc can do
it right, because they know their file system. Our binaries are
supposed to work on any or all Linux system.

Sorry, this is a mess, I know.

TeX Live cannot provide the necessary files. The headers depend on the
compiler you use.
--------------------

So I did, but I'm still getting the same error on "make all" (of lilypond=
):
--------------------
/usr/bin/perl /resguardo/bajados/lilypond/lilypond-2.4.2/buildscripts/out=
/help2man out/lilypond > out/lilypond.1
help2man: can't get `--help' info from out/lilypond
make[1]: *** [out/lilypond.1] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/resguardo/bajados/lilypond/lilypond-2.4.2/li=
ly'
make: *** [all] Error 2
---------------------

And when I do "lily/out/lilypond --help --verbose" I still get:
---------------------
lily/out/lilypond: error while loading shared libraries: libkpathsea.so.4=
: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
---------------------

Thank you for any advice or help,

Luis :-)

El s=E1b, 18-12-2004 a las 22:36, Luis G. L=F3pez escribi=F3:

=20
Hi!
=20
Well, in fact I'm trying to install from sources because I couldn't fin=

a pre-compiled 2.4 version for my system (Mandrake 10.0).
Maybe the problem is that I use TeX-Live, and not the TeX distribution
that came with Mandrake. I had to install kpathsea from TeX-Live
sources, but it seems I didn't do it right... :-/
=20
Any help, would be welcome :-)
=20
Luis :-)