Re: Building Lily

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Building Lily
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 07:49:10 +0100

The list of "Too many errors!" usually appears if you haven't upgraded
to a very new version of texinfo. However, it only affects the
documentation, so as long as you use the documentation on the web,
make followed by make install should provide a perfectly useful
installation.

   /Mats

Tapio Tuovila wrote:
LinuxChiq wrote:

I am trying to build Lilypond 2.4.2 on Suse 9.1. I have gotten ./configure to
complete without errors, but when I make all it bails with a long list of
Too many errors!  Gave up.

I don't see an install.log - where can I find out what the problem is?

Cheers,

Raven

Hi,
you can roll backwards your console screen, the cause of the problem is being printed somewhere near the beginning of the error list. As far as I recall there were some (two? three?) packages missing, even if ./configure completes OK.

But 2.4.2 can be built on Suse 9.1 OK.

best regards,

Tapio

        Mats Bengtsson