Re: once more about encodings (ver. 2.4.2)

From: pdz
Subject: Re: once more about encodings (ver. 2.4.2)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:07:02 +0100

Rob V wrote:
Werner,

I would like to make a request about the font encoding (but I think
I'm late for your meeting).  I don't know if this is possible, or if
I can even describe it correctly, but I think it would be nice to
have the encoding work the same as in a latex document.

Rob

Werner,
how was your meeting?
Did you come up with anything interesting in the matter of fonts?

And Rob,
there is a need for some more general solution of the fonts stuff, I suppose. As you have probably noticed, 2.4 introduced postscript 'backend'. I don't quite understand what's that for, but I imagine that as PS doesn't need TeX at all to produce output, so the TeX backend will be eventually phased out. And when I use ps backend -- tex/latex font encoding doesn't work at all.

(please correct me if i'm wrong somewhere in the above)

Pawel