Re: Creating markup macros (functions actually)

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Creating markup macros (functions actually)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 01:12:45 +0100

> address@hidden writes:
>> Yes, and a list is not the same thing as a function. The fact that a
>> markup expression is a list is actually an implementation detail that
>> you should not bother about.
>
> (would it be a good idea to box markup expressions inside a smob ?)

Actually when first looking at how markups worked, I wondered why
they were not smobs, like music expressions.
However, manipulating them as plain scheme objects, be they lists or
goops instances or whatever, makes testing and debugging new code
easier and quicker. (this is just personnal taste).

>> > Parsing...
>> > Backtrace:
>> > In unknown file:
>> >    ?: 0* [primitive-load "music-display.scm"]
>> >
>> > <unnamed port>: In procedure open-file in expression (primitive-load name):
>> > <unnamed port>: No such file or directory: "music-display.scm"
>>
>> Create that music-display.scm file, in the same directory as
>> displayscheme.ly, with the code from
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2004-11/msg00029.html
>
> I forgot - why don't we have music-display.scm in the core
> distribution?

euh, I don't know, but this can be solved soon.

nicolas