Kneed beams

From: Patrick Hubers
Subject: Kneed beams
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:20:18 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to set a piano part with kneed beams for a voice that frequently crosses staves. The docs say that this should happen automatically, but I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried to decrease the auto-knee-gap property, but to no avail: my beams and stems all end up in the upper staff. Is there anything more I should do to get this to work? Thanks in advance.

I'm using 2.4.2 on Cygwin.

--
Patrick Hubers

rechts = \relative c'' {
        \clef treble
        \key a \major
        \time 2/4

        \partial 16
        cis16\( ~

        cis4 ~ cis16 b gis' fis
        eis4\) r16 b16( d16. cis32) ~
        cis4 ~ cis16\( b gis' fis

        eis4\) r16 b16( d cis) ~
        cis4 b16\( d fis, gis
        a4\) ~ a16 a( d cis)

}

links = \relative c {
        \clef bass
        \key a \major
        \time 2/4

        % Where should I put this, here or in the voice context below?
        %\override Beam #'auto-knee-gap = #2

        \partial 16
        r16
        <<
                {
                        % Voice 1
                        \override Beam #'auto-knee-gap = #2

                        d16 ais' b d ~ <d d,>4
                        cis,16 b' cis \change Staff = upper eis s4 \change
Staff = lower
                        d,16 ais' d d ~ <d d,>4

                        cis,16 b' cis eis s4
                        d,16 b' d \change Staff = upper fis \change Staff =
lower s8 eis,8 ~
                        eis16 eis a \change Staff = upper cis \change Staff =
lower s4
                }
                \\
                {