No Bug! Re: Bug in "SustainPedal" ?

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: No Bug! Re: Bug in "SustainPedal" ?
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:17:46 +0100

Hello list, hello Gilles,

no, it is no bug, really! ;-)

Excuse me, but at the first posting I didn't exact recognize, what You
wanted exactly, but now, as You wrote

> To no avail: the sustain line doesn't move, whatever the numbers.

I got the right idea (I hope ;-):

You want to use pedal brackets, and those are to move with:

  \override Staff.PianoPedalBracket #'extra-offset = #'(2 . -2)

I hope this can help at the pedal problem. :)

> Also, when there are sustain markings on the score, the short
> instrument name ("Staff.instr") is not centered correctly: instead
> of being at mid-height of the staff, it seems to be centered with
> respect to the total height between the sustain line and the top
> line of the staff.

Indeed, it seems to be not centered correctly, but on my example it is
too high, and assuming it respecting to the total height it might bee
too low.

But this remains, if I outcomment all pedals, so I don't think, that
there is a connection.

I'm sorry, but I can't help with this. :-(

Perhaps somebody else?

Best Regards           Roland