Re: Web page documentation

From: Chip
Subject: Re: Web page documentation
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:09:40 -0800

dax2 wrote:
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:00:43 -0800
Chip wrote:

dax2 wrote:

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:04:07 -0800
Chip wrote:

I agree. I have it open all the time. BTW, I don't use MS Windows. I do use the online version of the docs, I figure it will be more uptodate than the local copy (which I haven't found anyway).
--
Chip

Did you look for it?

Regards

I can't believe someone actually asked such a question, which is probably why you didn't print your name. But I won't stoop to making a smart-ass remark as some would do.

Yes, I used the locate command and found hundreds of .ly files in /usr/local/share/lilypond and other locations, but no actual manual files.

Regards,
Chip

Sorry, no offense intended. My name is Donald Axel and should be
below as a signature.

apologies accepted.

The doc files are in Documentation. The manual file(S?) is in
lily/out/lilypond.1 in the CVS source tree when built.

I did find the work directory that left some files called lilypond.pdf.omf and many others. Problem is, this work directory gets cleaned out, it's not the proper place for anything that will be used regularly. Maybe the port maintainer has to fix something to get the docs into the correct location. I will send a message to the port maintainer about this.
Regards,
Chip

I will return. Regards, Donald.