Re: GNOME backend

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: GNOME backend
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:18:40 +0100

That's what I was afraid of... So do I have to make an other backend for my purposes? I don't think that lilypond could directly talk to java classes under cygwin. Or can you see a chance to use the gnome backend to draw to a Java window?

Bert

There is no simple-song.gnome ; the gnome backend does not use files
to communicate. Rather, the GNOME libraries are loaded into the GUILE
interpreter, lilypond directly talks to the gnome widgets.