Re: Windows install

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Windows install
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:41:54 +0100

The command prompt is the command prompt for the Cygwin system which is
like a mini-LINUX operating system running under Windows. LilyPond is
just one of all the available programs in your Cygwin installation.
However, if you read the instructions at
http://lilypond.org/web/download/windows.html
you will learn that you don't need the command window to run LilyPond,
just double click on the input file.

I hope you have realized that LilyPond is a program that works very
differently than most other programs you have experienced in Windows.
For example, it's one of these programs where you cannot expect to do
anything useful at all without reading the full tutorial.

   /Mats

collin mckenzie wrote:
Hi,  I'm  having trouble getting the software to run I get  what looks
like a command promp, and I get some crazy instructions, could you
please help me make sense of this?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems