Re: Page layout problems

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: Page layout problems
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:27:18 +1100

Thanks for your reply.

Someone else on this list pointed me to the Page Layout section. I've been able to kludge together something that does the job, like you describe. Looks pretty good, apart from a few niggles. A little bit of playing around with these new commands might get me the result I'm after!

Thanks for your help!

Cameron

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Why not set the leftmargin or rightmargin, see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Page-layout.html#Page-layout

The page layout handling has changed completely since version 2.2, so
don't try to use your old solutions.

   /Mats

Cameron Horsburgh wrote:

I have the following lines in a score:

#(set-global-staff-size 12)
#(set-default-paper-size "legal" 'landscape)
\layout {
    linewidth=11.5 \in
    indent=2.0 \cm
    }

The documentation on the last two lines is fairly sparse, but as I understands it, the linewidth setting governs the length of lines score wide, and the indent line affects the left indent on the first system.

In the piece I'm working on, everything seems to be set too far to the left. The instrument names on the second and subsequent pages are all but off the page. Changing linewidth only affects the right margin.

These two commands seemed to do the trick in Lilypond 2.2 but fail now. Is the new page layout system at fault, or is it just me? ;-)

Cameron