Re: Adding text above the time signature and at the end of a part

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Adding text above the time signature and at the end of a part
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:33:38 +0100

Why not use \mark "Some text"? It should work both before the
first note and at the final bar line.

   /Mats

Roland Goretzki wrote:
Hello list, hello James,

You wrote:

Two questions:

1.  How do you add text above the time signature (or somewhere close)?  I've
seen the a4^"This is text" syntax, but I'd like to add text before the first
note.  (The music I'm looking at has things like "Moderately slow", "slow
gospel," "not too slowly" written there.)

Here I send You two possibilities:

    1. You can do it like You explained above and putting
       the following line before the note:

       \once\override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(-6.5 . 8)

       (where the number left of the dot shifts horizontally and the
       number right of the dot shifts vertically)

    2. You can put a new line into the header section:

       piece    =       "slow gospel"

2.  How do you add text at the end of a part ("D.C. al coda")?
Probably the same question as #1.

With the first possibility, yes. :)

Best Regards           Roland

PS:     In the hope, You are using a version >= 2.0.0, otherwise the
        syntax could be a little bit different.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems