Re: Looks Like I'm Sunk!

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Looks Like I'm Sunk!
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:14:32 +0100

As far as I have understood from previous emails on the list,
LilyPond should actually work on Win98, but you have to click
OK on a number of warning messages every time you run it.

What DLL files are said to be missing?

Actually, the problem is not in the LilyPond package itself but in
the Python package, which is used by LilyPond, so it doesn't help to
downgrade LilyPond itself. There was a recent message on one of the
LilyPond mailing lists from someone who had managed to get rid of
the Python problems, search the mailing list archives. Also, the
mailing list archives at www.cygwin.com may be more appropriate than
the LilyPond mailing lists to sort out this problem.

   /Mats

Mel Bellefontaine wrote:
Sirs:
I had LilyPond v.1.4.12 working just fine, except that I had hoped that a later version would give me some more workable information about my source file errors. Here's the problem (OS = Win98/SE): tried to download and install LilyPond V.2.2.5, (apparently the latest version for Windows); Got the Python2 illegal operation message (problems about Python you warned about); What's worse: error messages to the effect that certain specified .DLL files were not found. Yuk! What do I do? Is there a Lily version 2.4.1 for Win98? Please don't tell me to upgrade the OS to XP, though I know that it must come to that some time; for now I just want something to get the job done, and I can guess too well that upgrading the OS will pose a whole bunch of other problems in various and sundry other places. Best thing I can think of is to find an older version of LilyPond? Are there still versions 1.X out there? Thanks much. It's a great program. Mel Bellefontaine
---

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems