Re: lilypond under windows 2000 - no exe files

From: Michael Lakes
Subject: Re: lilypond under windows 2000 - no exe files
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 17:40:13 -0700

I would like to add that the default action for Windows is to open an editor in cygwin, not generate an output. (unless this is changed in recent releases ...)

I don't really know why this is ... when you double click, an editor in cygwin would open and some error will be generated in the cygwin window and exit.

To generate output, one has to right click on a file and select "Generate PDF ..." I think this has cause a lot troubles for new Windows users ... as well as the improper extension :-)