Re: font problems?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: font problems?
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:03:14 +0100

Did you compile it yourself or install from an RPM?

Are the symbols missing both in DVI, PS, PDF and printed output?

Do the PDF files from the on-line examples at the documentation
page for your LilyPond version work on your computer?

If it's only a problem in the PS and PDF files, but the DVI files
look OK, take a look at the output of (use piano-dynamics.ly from the
Templates section of the Documentation):
lilypond -V piano-dynamics.ly

At the end of the output, you should see something like

Invoking `dvips -ta4 -Ppdf -G0 -u +lilypond.map -opiano-dynamics.ps piano-dynamics.dvi'This is dvips(k) 5.92b Copyright 2002 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2004.11.03:1102' -> piano-dynamics.ps
<tex.pro><alt-rule.pro><texc.pro><f7b6d320.enc><music-drawing-routines.ps>
<texps.pro><special.pro>. <cmr10.pfb><feta-braces50.pfa><feta-din14.pfa>
<feta20.pfa><cmbx10.pfb>[1]

Look especially for the feta-braces* and feta-din*.

   /Mats

Victor S. Miller wrote:
I've installed LP 2.2.6 on RH 9.  Things work fairly well, except for
the following which I would guess is some sort of font problem:

No brace is printed to the left of a piano staff (even from some of
the precanned examples).  No dynamic markings, like p, pp, etc. are
printed.  Any suggestions about tracking down the cause?  No error
messages are given.  I do get lots of warnings from xpdf when viewing
the pdfs, about bad bounding boxes.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems