Re: compiling lilypond

From: sdf sdfs
Subject: Re: compiling lilypond
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:07:42 -0500 (EST)

I'm pretty sure I have it installed; when I type mf at
the prompt I get:

This is METAFONT, Version 2.7182 (Web2C 7.4.5)
**

I have the files mf and mfw in /usr/share/texmf/bin

Configure detects everything automatically except
kpathsea, which is installed in the default directory
/usr/share/texmf/(lib; include) and does not complain
after typing export LDFLAGS..... etc.

It does tell me to please consider installing optional
programs: kpsewhich, (how would I do that?)

Also, maybe I'm doing something really stupid, because
I'm a bit of a linux newbie.

Anyway, thanks for your help (& congrats on the new
release!),

David