Re: lilypond-book

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond-book
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:23:09 -0700

On 11-Oct-04, at 12:06 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
How about the \verb trick? I.e. have

  \lilypond+<code>+
  \lilypond!<code>!

where + and ! can be arbitrary but matching?

From a documentation/support standpoint, I'd discourage any
"arbitrary but matching" characters.

Why do we need to have \lilypond{}, anyway?  I mean, what's
wrong with
\begin{lilypond}
\end{lilypond}
?

Sure, there's a bit of extra typing, but you have to do that kind of
thing in LaTeX anyway -- \begin{center}Title\end{center}, for example.
It just seems to me that maintaining \lilypond{} is more trouble than
it's worth.

Cheers,
- Graham