PostScript glissando lines (was: Trick: tilted "glissando" text)

From: Antti Kaihola
Subject: PostScript glissando lines (was: Trick: tilted "glissando" text)
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:12:49 +0300

on 2004-09-21 at 23:49 -0700, Michael Lakes wrote:
> Hey, that's a pretty good trick.  Where did you found the syntax for it?

Google...

> Also, do you (or if anyone knows) know the syntax for embeddedps? And what
> each parameter does (I'm trying to draw a glissando line)?

I also did glissando lines with postscript. Here's some code:

I needed straight glissando lines which end on the barline and not on
the first note of the next bar. Due to automatic spacing, the width of
the line has to vary, and the first glissando of the piece should have
the text "gliss" next to it.

So I defined these symbols:

glisslinescript = \markup {
    \postscript #"0.2 setlinewidth
                  1 6 moveto
                  3 -8 lineto
                  stroke" \halign #1 { \italic gliss. } }

glissline = \markup {
    \postscript #"0.2 setlinewidth
                  1 6 moveto
                  3 -8 lineto
                  stroke" }

glisslinewide = \markup {
    \postscript #"0.2 setlinewidth
                  1 6 moveto
                  5.5 -8 lineto
                  stroke" }

Then I just use c\glisslinescript d\glissline e\glisslinewide to attach
glissando lines to notes. I also use some extra-offset for the line to
make it fit the music perfectly.