Re: Lilypond won't float

From: Michiel Lange
Subject: Re: Lilypond won't float
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 21:49:49 +0200

Try convert-ly --help !!! And RTFM...

convert-ly needs to know for what version of lilypond your file has been write for in order to convert it. You can either put a \version "x.x.x" statement in your lilypond file or use the --from=version convert-ly's switch.

By the way, \notes statements are not used anymore in 2.3.19.

Interesting... just two questions out of curiosity:
- what did the "\notes" statement exactly do... I put it in my files only because I gathered from the docs that you needed it... Maybe it's in the docs, but a man has only 64K memory :-) - How should it be replaced? (yeah, I guess that's going to be in the 2.4 docs, but I rather use stable versions and get used to those... when I feel expert enough I would try devel versions too... so, please... don't shoot ;-)

Greetings,
Michiel Lange