Re: DVI not displaying with LilyTool

From: Warren Stickney
Subject: Re: DVI not displaying with LilyTool
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:26:48 +1200

Hi Bert,

Thanks a lot; it all works very nicely now.  I had downloaded the
program files but not, it appears, your manual.  Regardless of that,
however, the solution
was embarrassingly simple.  You've produced a nice, easy to install and use
utility.

One problem, though, is that it does not open the midi window under Lily
2.2.2, or play the midi.  It's OK with Lily 2.0.1, so I suspect that it's
caused by the Win98 incompatibility with Python.  Under Lily 2.2.2 the midi
files are produced, but are given "-1" at the end of the name.  eg
"SongName-1.midi", although they seem to play OK under Media Player when
selected.  I guess your player would be looking for just "SongName.midi".

> If you read the manual of LilyTool you can read that you should make
> (PK) fonts first. You can achieve this from the Plugins>LilyTool menu.
> (It may seem that it freezes for a while, but it doesn't.) Point and
> click will work after it. Pk fonts should be in
> c:\cygwin\var\cache\fonts after it.
>
> Bert

Warren