Accidentals and Grace Notes

From: J L
Subject: Accidentals and Grace Notes
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:13:30 +1200

Hi,

While reading the Lilypond manual, I noticed that in one example where a note, i.e. A-flat became A-sharp, that Lilypond printed a natural followed by the sharp. I've tried the input myself and got the same result. Is there a way to make Lilypond only print the sharp?

Another thing, when inserting a grace note/acciacatura/appoggia??? I encountered something odd. The notes were notes on ledger lines in treble clef, but the slur was printed in the middle of stave. Apart from the misplaced slur, all was well. Has anyone else had these problems or did I just make a mistake?

Aligorith

Check out news, entertainment and more @  http://xtra.co.nz/broadband