Re: What am I doing wrong???

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: What am I doing wrong???
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:41:15 +0200

Anything you put within a set of curly brackets, {...}, form a
sequence. In your example, you have written
\context PianoStaff << { ... } >>
which is equivalent to
\context PianoStaff \simultanous{\sequential{...}}

Just remove the curly braces directly inside the <<...>>, to
get what you want.

   /Mats

Michiel Lange wrote:
Hello, my name is Michiel and I will admit first that I am very new to lilypond. The examples shown look great, so I was about to give it a shot... the first few lines of music went well, so I felt ready to put my first piece of music I ever wrote into lilypond.

It's a piece for organ and the following should be the first two measures of the piece, but somehow the bass and pedal "shift" to respectively the third and the fifth measure... Anyone who can tell me what makes this happen?

\score
{
       \notes\context PianoStaff <<
       {

               \context Staff
               { \relative c'
                       {
                               \key d \major \clef violin
                               r1        r2    r4   <<fis4 a>>
               \new Staff
               { \relative c'
                       {
                               \key d \major \clef bass
                               a2  fis   d4  e4  fis2
               \new Staff
               { \relative c
                       {
                               \key d \major \clef bass
                               a2 fis2 d4 e4 fis2
       } >>
}

(I also use to be a C programmer, and use this style of coding for readabilty for myself, as I often forget a brace here and there...)

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology