Re: "Python2 has caused an error..."

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: "Python2 has caused an error..."
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:51:50 +0200

We have received several reports that the Python program in
Cygwin doesn't work correctly on Windows 98 and ME. (Python
is used to implement several parts of LilyPond.)

However, your email and also
indicates that it's still possible to get the correct result
even though you have to live with some error messages, so you
actually bring good news.

   /Mats

Kim Bastin wrote:
Downloaded and installed Lilypond for MS Windows. Ran the test with
test.ly.

Received error message: "Python2 has caused an error in CYGINTL-2.DLL.
Python2 will now close."

This message appeared about five(!) times, and I dismissed it each
time. The test did complete and a pdf of two tied c3's was displayed.
But what's with the error messages?

I'm running Windows me.

Here's the contents of TEST.LOG:

lilypond (GNU LilyPond) 2.2.5
Running lilypond-bin...
Now processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... [1]
Preprocessing graphical objects... Calculating line breaks... [2]

paper output to `test.tex'...

Analyzing test.tex...
Running ...
Running dvips...