Staff & Lyrics vertical spacing problem

From: alexis
Subject: Staff & Lyrics vertical spacing problem
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:58:04 GMT

Hi,

I am a newcomer to the marvelous word of lilypond, and first, I would
like to thank you for such a great program !

I experience some little glitches by trying to reduce the overall
vertical spacing on a very simple song containing a line of lyrics and
only one staff. When I reduce verticalExtent, it looks like the first
two lines of Staff are closer than the other lines... I have seen no
way to reduce the vertical Extent for all the lines without the two
first ones being closer than the succeeding ones.

Could you help me with that ? Is there a sort of added vertical
extent from the second line ? I can not find a way to further reduce
the space between the bottom of a lyrics line and the top of the next
line of Staff that works for the after-first line of lyrics...

Thanks in advance,

-- Alexis

P.S : please CC me the answer since I am not on the list !