Re: Some random lilypond questions

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: Some random lilypond questions
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:26:19 -0400

On Aug 11, 2004, at 4:20 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

 - Can a \sffz dynamic command be added?  One can make this using text
 markups, but it seems like the "real" dynamic markings are more
 horizontally centered on the notes than the markups.

This is unfortunately not answered in the documentation, but if you
take a look at the file
/usr/share/lilypond/2.x.x//ly/dynamic-scripts-init.ly
you can see how the currently available dynamic markings are defined.

OK, I took a look at the file, and was able to add a \sffz command. Would
it be useful if I wrote something about this for the manual?

As far as I understand, better support for multiple scores in a single
.ly file is one of the main improvements in the experimental 2.3.x
versions, which seems to be what Benjamin is already using.

Yep, I'm using 2.3.11-- sorry I forgot to mention that.

--
Benjamin D. Esham      {      http://bdesham.net
address@hidden      }      AIM: bdesham 1 2 8