Re: problem with scordatura

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: problem with scordatura
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:44:49 -0700

On 22-Jul-04, at 8:47 AM, Thorkil Wolvendans wrote:
I checked the docs as well as the archives, but couldn't find an answer to the following question: is it possible to make a scordatura? I did find how to make a keysignature-scordatura, and tried to manipulate the code in order to make it work with notes instead of keysignatures, but with no result (I didn't expect a result, really...)

So far I've faked it by writing "viola tunes C to B" and the like, but you _can_ do it better than that. In the recent devel version, you can now include scores in markup. See input/test/markup-score.ly

If you produce a score that shows the new tuning, you could attach that to the first note of the piece (with a big #'extra-offset to move it up and to the left).

Cheers,
- Graham