lilypond-book rotates some elements

From: Dan Bowtell
Subject: lilypond-book rotates some elements
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 20:22:39 +0100

When I started creating my lilypond book all the music excerpts appeared
perfectly normal. Then lilypond decided it wanted to change that and make me
miserable. Now all beams, stems and some other elements are rotated 90
degrees. I've tried taking the book back to its state before, including
deleting all the generated files but i can't get everything back the right
way round. Has anyone else experienced this?

Link to screengrab of problem:
http://bowtell.demon.co.uk/~vrih/images/lily.png
Sourcefile: http://bowtell.demon.co.uk/~vrih/major_scale.tex

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Dan