RE: Methods of working

From: Ralph Little
Subject: RE: Methods of working
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:53:38 +0100

Hi,
Erm, I'm not really sure what you mean.
I'm talking about building Lilypond music projects, not Lilypond itself..

The kind of think I mean is sort of

Header.ly
-----------------------
\header {
    title="my title"
}

Notes.ly
----------------------
NotesSoloCornet=\notes {
    a b c d
}

PartSoloCornet.ly
--------------------
\include "Notes.ly"
\include "Header.ly"
\score {
    \NotesSoloCornet
}

Makefile
--------------------
all: score parts

parts:    PartSoloCornet.ps

PartSoloCornet.ps:   Notes.ly Header.ly
    lilypond -P PartSoloCornet.ly

Then just do "make all" etc..

Seems like a lot of effort for a small project, but with a large number of
parts and a score, it gets more convenient.
The real setup is a bit more complicated but this is kinda what I mean.
I'm sure that it can be simplified using default rules and the like.

As I say, does anybody else do this kind of thing?

Regards,
Ralph