Re: Non-English Lyrics

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Non-English Lyrics
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:52:09 +0200

Sang Dae Yu writes:

> Thank you for developing LilyPond
> I am going to use LilyPond for typesetting Korean pop songs.
> But the Korean language is represented using two-byte codes.
> In the LaTeX and TeX, the Korean font is typesetted using `hangul.sty`
> package.
> How can LilyPond typeset lyrics with this two-byte code?

You may be able to use the LaTeX commands for those characters in
lyrics.  You'll have to tell lilypond to include the latexpackage
hangul.sty.

The development version of LilyPond 2.3.x, has native encoding
support, but currently only for single byte encodings.  We'll need to
find a developer to help us out here.

Jan.